Monday, November 10, 2008

The flu and other icky things.


Last week was a rough one at our house. Avery finally made his dream trip to Wild Wadi but on the way home got sick in bumper to bumper traffic in downtown Dubai. Was it food poisoning? Heat exhaustion? We soon came to the conclusion that it was the flu, as it systematically took another victim every 12 hours.

It was a creepy feeling being sick and not being able to locate any of the comforts of home here. I checked three grocery stores for saltenes, applesauce, popsicles, and instant soup only to be left feeling dissapointed. I tried but I couldn't figure out what people eat here when they are sick. There just isn't a substitute for the replenishment of a Lipton cup-of-soup. I kept having fever visions where I was entering a Target store and walking directly to the items I was craving. We finally found some overpriced Gaterade at a shop down the street. We really do take for granted the little things we depend on for comfort in life.

This picture is from our last memory of health. I promise you...that was not a chicken burger and Avery does not recommend the hotdog sandwich.
We wish nothing but health and happiness to your home in this fluey season...

No comments: