Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Schwan's aren't the only people that deliver.

Tip of the day: The guy at the door with the suitcase is not from the cable company.

So it all starts earlier in the day when Jason gets a phone call from our Satellite company while he is driving us home from the hardware store. (Yes we finally did make it.) He decided that since the Olympics are over, we didn’t need the extended sports package he originally chose. So he is busy driving and trying to take all of right exits to avoid the problems you will read about in previous posts and abruptly tells the representative that he has to go.

Enter: A knock on the door. A Fillipino man with a bubbly smile shakes my hand and holds up his suitcase.

Me: “Oh, are you from Showtime.” (Our satellite company)

FM: “Yes, yes. Hello. Hello!”

Me: “Oh, please come in.”

FM: Comes in and sits on our floor and opens his suitcase. Laughs, “Oh your baby, he looks like Buddha!”

Me: “That’s funny, I just said that earlier today.”

FM: Pulls out Lost Season 4 with Chinese letters written on it.

Me: To Jason “Oh, I don’t think this is the cable guy.”

So we’ve met the friendly door to door pirated video guy. Don’t worry, we didn’t buy any. Though I was tempted. 80 dirhams for the pre-release season of my favorite series. That would really help me pass the time when my favorite entertainer goes to school. But judging from the amount of time I actually have the television on now, I don’t think it will be necessary.

No comments: