Sunday, November 23, 2008

Holidays


Christmas at IKEA...
I heard Christmas music in the mall yesterday. I can't believe how fast the time is going here. Usually this would be around the time we go on that great search for the perfect Christmas tree. It seems that every year our trees have gotten a little bigger. I think we had to whittle down last year's tree by a third. Truth be told, it was so cold we had to cut the first tree that didn't have any major deformities. I'm a little sad that our tradition will be on hold this year as there are not any blue spruce trees to be found here. Maybe the day after Thanksgiving we will make one out of construction paper, tape it to the wall, and let Avery go nuts making little decorations. I guess we could string up some lights on a date palm. Anyhow, I'm definitely in the mood for the holidays.

No comments: