Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hooray for American TV! (I think)

We are now able to watch the Olympics with English commentary. They just aren't the same in Arabic. We can also enjoy both CNN and Fox News, the very same broadcast you may be watching this evening. Now if only the gas man would show up to hook up our stove. Then we'd really be feeling at home. The restaurants around here are great. Tonight we had an authentic Thai cuisine of Pad Thai and Peppered Beef with steamed rice. It was very yummy. It's just that we've been eating out for at least 21 days now and all I want is some homemade spaghetti and garlic toast.

3 comments:

aNne said...

I'm SO glad you are doing this blog!!!! I am curious and intrigued by the UAE. It's pretty cool that we both left St. Cloud about 2 weeks ago now for different parts of the world! Many of the culture shocks are similar...no matter where in the world you are! :) Take care,
Anne

Mrs. Bookworm said...

Hi Guys! Yeah the Olympics in Korean aren't as interesting as if I could watch it in English. At least you have a stove-- I have these two really intimitating gas burners

Avery said...

Hi girls!
It's so good to hear from you. I'm so glad that we can compare our experiences. I'm actually finding that things are better than I thought in some areas I worried about, and freakishly different in others. Anne-your website is great, I've bookmarked it. Erin-Keep your updates coming!